Easy Cupcakes


Hello!
This is my first post on this blog so let me give you a quick introduction! I'm the petite baker and I'm studying Professional Cookery in Cork Ireland and I love baking and most foods!
I wanted to start with basic really yummy food!
This recipe is from Donal Skehan.

Ingredients 
  • 175g (8oz) Self Raising Flour
  • 110g (4oz) Caster Sugar
  • 1 TSP Baking Powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 110g (4oz) Butter
  • 50ml of water/milk
Butter Icing Frosting: 
  • 150g (5oz) Butter Softned
  • 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
  • 275g (100oz) Icing Sugar
 Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180, line the bun tray with 8-10 paper cases. I ran out of paper cases from baking during Christmas holidays. But I tried out theses little star cases.
  2. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, make a well in the middle break the two eggs and add the butter.
  3. Beat all the ingredients together until combined. Pour half the milk/water and begin to beat again.
  4. Look at the batter light and creamy add the rest of water/water if you need it.
  5. Divide the batter evenly among the paper cases, bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a firm touch.



Frosting:

  1. Beat together the butter and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and fluffy.
  2. Sift the icing sugar at a little at a time until incorporated and mixture is smooth. 
  3. I add a small bit of purple food coloring like the color of the lavender
  4. Spoon the frosting into the piping bah and ice the cupcakes!
I also used royal icing as I didn't have enough time to make butter icing but both icing would be very tasty on these cupcakes.










I really really love this recipe, I always found it hard to find the perfect recipe and thank god Donal shared this as ever since using this recipe my cupcakes never failed! And it's a huge hit with my family and my grandparents! 
Thank you guys for reading! See you all next week 
PB

Comments

Popular Posts