Peoples Resturant | Dining Report


Hello everybody!
Today's post is from new series I have started called Dining report which is just a food review.
Image result for the peoples restaurant cavan
When I was visiting Cavan for three days, my family and I went on a mission to find a restaurant which was open and serving something hot. My father found People's restaurant which is based on the main street. This was the first time I been in Cavan, and I did look up some restaurants in the area. My dad walked upon and saw the menu and said "Let's try here"
It' was around seven in the evening, when we arrived at the restaurant we got inside welcomed by a lovely staff member. We were shown to our table in the back of the restaurant, the restaurant was fairly busy with customers only two or three tables empty.
Image result for the peoples restaurant cavan
The bar/ cocktail bar in the People's Resturant 
On the early bird menu, you could have two-course meals for E20.90 three- course meal E24.95. For starters, I had Garlic Mushroom's which is simple to make but in all the times I have gotten Garlic mushroom's anywhere these ones were the best tasting and flavour with the small salad with it was beautiful.
For mains, I went for Thai red curry, really lovely flavour from the curry, but didn't beat the curry I get in Perry Street Cafe but very tasty. For dessert, I went Pear and Apple crumble, for the crumble the glass was steamed up, I didn't even notice until I showed the dessert to a coworker at work and they noticed it. I found apple and pear mixture very bitter, found it hard to eat but the ice cream, creme anglaise were lovely. 

Garlic Mushroom 
Red Thai curry 


Pear & Apple Crumble
 I really enjoyed my time in the restaurant though I was a bit in a hurry at the end of the meal as we were all tired from going to Virgina show which was not far away from Cavan town. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great, service was good from all staff. There was a small little hiccup with the table beside us, as a lady was eating meal finding her meat wasn't fully cooked. But they resolved it very quickly so I give the staff a thumbs up for that. Their cocktails also looked very nice seeing the table beside us getting some very fancy drinks.

Would I come back again? Yes, If I  am in Cavan anytime soon that restaurant will be the first place I go!
You can find their media below!
Website 
Facebook
Twitter 
Thank you all for reading! And I see you all soon!
PB x

Comments

Popular Posts