Spooktacticular Treats



Hello everybody,
Good to be back for Halloween! Thought I go with making cupcakes and a freakshake!




Cupcakes

Ingredients 
  • 175g (8oz) Self Raising Flour
  • 110g (4oz) Caster Sugar
  • 1 TSP Baking Powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 110g (4oz) Butter
  • 50ml of water/milk
Butter Icing Frosting: 
  • 150g (5oz) Butter Softned
  • 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
  • 275g (100oz) Icing Sugar
 Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180, line the bun tray with 8-10 paper cases. I ran out of paper cases from baking during Christmas holidays. But I tried out theses little star cases.
  2. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, make a well in the middle break the two eggs and add the butter.
  3. Beat all the ingredients together until combined. Pour half the milk/water and begin to beat again.
  4. Look at the batter light and creamy add the rest of water/water if you need it.
  5. Divide the batter evenly among the paper cases, bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a firm touch.
Frosting:
  1. Beat together the butter and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and fluffy.
  2. Sift the icing sugar at a little at a time until incorporated and mixture is smooth. 
  3. I add a small bit of purple food coloring like the color of the lavender
  4. Spoon the frosting into the piping bah and ice the cupcakes!


Freak shake:
 For the freak shake I got inspired from making milkshakes from work and decided to give a freak shake a go as I always wanted to try it out. Got my Halloween glassware from Home & Store more and decoration sprinkles of jack lantern, bones and eyes.

2 scoop's of vanilla ice cream
300ml of milk
1 bar of areo chocolate
4 tsp of green food coloring
Whipped cream
Some decorations for the drink

Put the scoops of ice cream, milk and chocolate in a blending. If it has a lid cover it with a towel just in case any liquid may escape.  Then add the food coloring to make mint green. I had pour melted chocolate inside the glass to give more chocolatey flavor pour into the glass, get a piping bag for the cream pipe in the cream on top it off with some halloween sprinkles.

That's it!
Very simply I didn't want to go over board! But I hope you like it!
I'm now on Instagram which you can follow me at @irishpetitebaker and of course twitter @petitebakerirl Facebook
Enjoy Halloween!
PB x

Comments

Popular Posts